Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Two Hearts Knit Together

"These things I have spoken to you,
that in Me you may have peace. 
In the world you will have tribulation;
but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
John 16:33 (NKJV)

God has a way of getting our attention.  For me, it was the day a trial came bursting through my front door.  It wasn't polite and needed no introduction.  I wish I could say I welcomed it, but it left my heart feeling as if someone had stabbed it with a dagger. 

My fear surrendered to my panic's cry causing my mind to shriek like a raging maniac while my demeanor remained subdued. 
How I wished I could awaken from this nightmare!  Reality was standing firm at my doorstep and calling me to face this ground swelling moment.  It must have been aware that my mind was begging for a do over.  As I began to walk through this devastating trial, I felt as if I was living out my own "Ground Hog Day" like Bill Murray.  While the daily duties at my work place took me far away from the point of impact, reality kept drawing me back.  Regularly, I found myself back at the scene of no return.  This life changing moment is forever etched in my heart and it birthed for me a new meaning in following Christ.  He was commanding me to move out of my place of comfort and answer His calling on my life.  I am blessed to serve a God of second chances.  By showing me the importance of washing my daughter in the Word, not as a mere spectator, but as an active participant, I have beheld the fruits of my labor in my youngest daughter.  No doubt He can make beauty from ashes (Isaiah 61:3).  There is nothing more gratifying to me than seeing my daughter walk in the ways of the Lord.  As God ordained our steps, He knit our hearts together.  As He knit our hearts together, He created in us a desire to share our journey as a mother and daughter faithfully loving, faithfully following, and most of all faithfully serving Him.



Welcome to "Kindred Hearts Ministry!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment