Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 10, 2012

Obedient Love (Day Twenty-Seven)


 “If you love me, obey my commandments.
John 14:15 (NLT)

I remember my husband telling me early on in our marriage that he was cautious to use three little words too frequently.  To him, the words “I love you” were not to be used lightly.  He further explained to me that I should know his love for me as displayed by his actions and not by some manufactured feeling. That, as he put it, was more important and validated his commitment to me.  As a newlywed at the time, I felt gypped.  What girl doesn’t want to hear her husband reaffirm his love for her?

In this portion of scripture, Jesus is asserting my husband’s very point, although I can’t give my husband credit for following the Lord’s leading at that time in his life.  Christ is telling us that our love for Him shouldn’t be in word only, but on display for others to see.  We do this by keeping His commandments.

Following His commandments is a conscientious act. 

There is nothing wrong with having a fervent passion for our Savior, but if we truly LOVE Him, our love will be seen in more than a sentimental or emotional way.  Our love will be demonstrated by the reasonable effort we place in our walk.  In this way others will see proof of the loving God we serve that they might be drawn to Him as well.

We choose to be obedient. 

In order for us to follow we must grasp hold of His instructions and implement them into our daily lives.  Only by reading, hearing, and meditating on them, along with studying and memorizing them will they become manifested within our lives.

Forever His,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment