Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Love Believes All Things (Day Twenty)

“Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Have you ever heard the saying, "I don't trust her as far as I can throw her?" Because of damage that may have occurred in the past, many of us have established a distrust of people. We are far to quick to suspect them of foul play and judge their character at first glance. Even in court a person is given the benefit of the doubt and seen as "innocent until proven guilty," though some of us treat the ones we love as "guilty until proven innocent."

Throughout my childhood (and even still to this day) my parents have faithfully reiterated that "love believes the best."  Although, I've had my fair share of friendship dilemmas that could easily give me an excuse to be a cynic with my fellow man...those three little words are always ring in my ear. I can't habitually believe that everyone is always going to treat me wrong and that everything is evil. Love sees the good and won't believe bad in another unless the facts prove otherwise.

People do make mistakes...and that's okay. 


We're going to get scrapes and bruises once in awhile, but that shouldn't detour our belief in seeing the good in others. 


Jesus constantly lives out this principal. Some of the most beloved people He has used in mighty ways have been murderers, adulterers, liars, and cheaters. Yet, He saw the best in them and believed in them...just as He believes in you and me. 


Maybe God has placed people in our lives with whom we've had to learn to cautiously love from a distance, but that's where we can either allow those situations to hinder us or move us forward.  


LOVE believes the best not the worst about people. Always err on the side of love.


Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment